About Me

My photo
The Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, United States
I'm a Catholic Christian, creative curly-haired, cat/hat lover who is awesomely random and randomly awesome. Read my wonderful writings, listen to my mystical music, enjoy my beautiful blog...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cats, Music and Musical Cats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QH2-TGUlwu4

If you like cats and you like annoyingly cute music, you must listen to Nyan Cat.

If that's not your cup of tea, and you feel like Disney instead, go here for an awesome Cheshire Cat song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ofbAmr4ydUE

And if you need something uplifting and you don't feel like cats at all, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ofbAmr4ydUE

Hopefully these links will work.

Nothing is going on today...just school.  Basically the only new thing that has happened is that I went on a retreat at our church.  I made a surprise for Muppet but I can't say what it is because she'll probably read this and then have the surprise spoiled.

I could talk about our cat Sam and how he drives me bananas and pineapples.  He has left two presents for me this week...and if you know someone with cats or own one yourself you know that cat presents aren't ever good.  Like when I found that Sam knocked down my butterfly collection and when I walked into my room and there was an unpleasantly large dead lizard on my bedroom floor.  But at least he does something to get rid of the lizards that stray into our house.  Sunny (the black and white cat) sort of helps, but she's too scared of everything to actually attack a living creature.  Cosmo (the Tabby) is too lazy to do anything but eat, sleep and complain about how hungry she is.

I also drew a lovely picture of a heart that has something random I came up with written in it.  It's very nice and it has a good message.  See:


click the image to make it larger and therefore more readable.

Oh yeah, I want to remind you that its OKAY to comment on my posts.  If you have anything to say, say it!  I'm always open to hearing your comments.

I realized that I never put the first chapter of my latest story in my posts.  I am sorry about that.  I've been very busy and forgetful lately.  So here you are:

There was once a girl that nobody knew anything about.  She just seemed to have randomly appeared.  She came to a small town in Tennessee and settled down.  Nobody knew where she came from.  She started working for a guy named Jim.  He owned a small pet store but was getting to old to sweep the floor and the girl had appeared just one day after the “Now Hiring” sign went up.  Jim was the only person that the girl ever talked to.
                There was, also, once a boy that everybody knew basically everything about.  His name was Jack Sunshine.  He had always traveled the world and had been famous ever since he wrote his first song at age twelve.  He lived with his parents in a small cottage in the country during the summer.
                He also owned three domestic cats and a dog.
                “Oh, honey!” his mom called.
                “Yes?” he yelled back from his room.
                “Could you run to the pet store and pick up a bag of cat food?”
                “Now?” He looked up from his music sheet for his new song, Molten Lava Heart.  It didn’t sound half as good without the rest of band playing with him.
                “Yes, ‘now’! Fargo is starving and I didn’t realize that we ran out of cat food until now.”
                “But, why can’t you do it?”
                “I’m busy!  I just had a major idea for the book I’m writing.”
                There was no arguing when Mrs. Sunshine had an idea for a book.  She was also famous.  But she was a famous author, not a song writer.  When she had a breakthrough for her book, there was no stopping her.  Once she had even walked out of a wedding just so she could write her new idea down on a napkin.  That was all rather a waste, since her husband Jerry used it for the coffee stain he got on his shirt driving home.
                Jack was not quite ready enough to drive a car.  He only had his driving permit, which was useless when his mother kept having a huge idea for her book.  He jumped onto his bike and sped off to the store dodging pedestrians along the way.
                Jack used to enjoy living in the country when he was younger because he always had peace and quiet here.  It wasn’t roaring with fans as much as living in New York City was.  Now he didn’t like it as much as he used to.  He missed the parties and the noise and his friends.  There was no one to talk to here.  It was too quiet for him.
                Everybody knew everybody in this town, which is why it was surprising when he walked into the pet store to find an unfamiliar face.
                He pushed open the door to the store, which tinkled merrily in the July heat.  The large neon OPEN sign blinked welcomingly from the large window.
                “Hello!” an old voice creaked from the check-out counter, “My best costumer! Welcome!”
                “Hey.” Jack said emotionlessly.  He walked subconsciously around the store to the pet food aisle.  He grabbed the cheapest bag of cat food and ambled over to the counter.  He was thinking about his last concert and his newest songs.  He was pondering what to do for his friend’s birthday that was coming up, and a movie someone wanted him to star in, and—
                “Who are you?” Jack said.  He then realized just how rude his outburst must have sounded.
                “I’ve been called many names…” she looked lost in thought.  She was wiping the windows of the store with Windex and a paper towel.  Her brown hair was matted and unusually dirty, “I’m sorry,” She said, “don’t listen to me.  Just talking to myself, heh heh.” She grimaced and went back to wiping her window.
                Jack shrugged, just a new girl.
                “That’ll be five ninety five.” Jim said in his jolly southern accent.  Jack pulled out the six dollars that his mom gave him and cupped his hand to receive the change.  He shoved the coins into his pocket and walked out of the store.  He was thinking so much about his career and his friends that he forgot to take the bag of food with him.
                Later on that evening, Jack tried to compose a new song, when his sister started knocking violently on his door.
                “Rebecca, I don’t want to play with you right now.” He popped a couple of ear buds into his ears and turned up the music loud enough so he couldn’t hear his sister yelling at him, “Your eyes shine like the sun.  You must be the one, you must be the one” he sang along to his song.
                “Jack! There’s someone at the door!” Rebecca screamed.  He heard her this time.
                Tearing his ear buds out he opened up the door only wide enough to stick his head out. “Why don’t you open it then?”
                “Because the weirdo wants you, not me.” She said hoarsely.
                “What weirdo?” he mumbled closing the bedroom door behind him.  He hurried down the stairs and swung the door open, “Whadda ya want?” he said rudely.
                “Oh!  Sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you!  But, honestly, when are you going to learn to be less rude?” it was the girl from the pet store.  Her hair was straightened out now but was still dirty looking.
                “When you learn to be less random.” He sighed and shook his head, “Did you need something?”
                “No, it was rather that you needed something.  You forgot your cat food.”
                “Oh.” He said, embarrassed, “Thanks, I guess…”
                “No prob. ‘Night!” she said turning around to leave.
                “Wait!” He shouted as it occurred to him, “You never told me your name!”
                Her reply was mumbled so he couldn’t hear.  He watched her until she turned the corner.  The sky was pastel.  The sun was setting causing a shadow to fall over the house.  A car’s lights flashed by him and parked in the driveway across the street.  Jack sighed.

There you go.  Well there's things to do, so toodle-loo caribou, as they say in Alaska! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean to post the Chesire cat song twice? lol. Next time I see you I should show you how to upload videos!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I did! So sorry! Grrr....I don't understand computers as much as I wish...I little lesson would help alot...

    ReplyDelete