About Me

My photo
The Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, United States
I'm a Catholic Christian, creative curly-haired, cat/hat lover who is awesomely random and randomly awesome. Read my wonderful writings, listen to my mystical music, enjoy my beautiful blog...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

October Baby, Baby Showers, and Big Black Boots

I wanted to put Broken and Beautiful on my blog but I can't find the version of the song that I want.

So I can't seem to put music from my computer on here either so you are stuck without that song and you are stuck with only lyrics and the option that YOU NEED TO LOOK UP BROKEN AND BEAUTIFUL!  No, I am not shouting or demanding it be done.  I'm using caps lock and encouraging you to listen to it.  Mark Schultz is an amazing and inspiring song writer.  He has the most amazing voice too.

There’s a businessman
There’s a widowed wife
There’s a smiling face with a shattered life
There’s a teenage girl with a choice tomake
It’s crowded here in church today

And the preacher says as the sermon ends
Please close your eyes and bow your heads
Is there anyone in need of prayer
Jesus wants to meet you here
‘cause we all fall short
We all have sinned
But when you let
God’s Grace break in…

(Chorus)
It’s beautiful
Beautiful
Come as you are
Surrender your heart
Broken and beautiful

Well he’d never been to church before
But he came today as a last resort
His world was crashing in
And he was suffocating in his sin

But tears ran down
As hope rushed in
He closed his eyes
Raised his hands
Worshiping the God who can
Bring him back to life again

(Chorus)

Cause there’s nothing more beautiful to God
Than when his sons and daughters come
Broken
Alleluia
Alleluia
Come as you are
Alleluia
Alleluia
Come as you are

(Chorus)

Alleluia
Alleluia
Come as you are
(Come as you are)
Surrender your heart
Broken and beautiful

Alleluia
Alleluia
Come as you are
(Come as you are)
Surrender your heart
Broken and beautiful

Okay so that  was off subject.  My cousin is going to have a baby so of course, I got invited to her baby shower as well as my sister who's not at college and my mom since we're her family.  It was nice because I got to see my cousin's sister (who of course is my cousin as well) and their mom.

Later we saw October Baby at the Cobb theater.  Let me tell you, that movie is worth seeing in a big expensive theater.  It's inspiring.  I won't spoil too much; not more than what they say on Joy FM about it.  It's about this girl who collapses on stage and finds out the truth about herself.  The truth isn't always easy though.  She goes on a trip to find out the truth and the whole truth about who she is.

I almost cried during that movie.  But I didn't.  I teared up.  Which shows how emotional it was to me.  It is definitely a must-see.

Sorry, I'm getting distracted by the Mark Schultz CD I put on.  He's a really good artist.  Just saying.  I love people who write stories within their songs.  He might pop up on my blog more.  I think I put the lyrics to one of his songs in an older post.

Okay, so after the movie, my sister, mom and I went to Kohl's and I bought two new pairs of shoes.  Or should I say, one pair of awesome shoes and a pair of BIG BLACK BOOTS!!! My first pair!  I'm so happy.

 I'm going to go on Facebook since it's Sunday so I get to break my fast from not doing Facebook.  Easter is next week which makes me excited because it has been sad not being able to post on my friend's wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment