About Me

My photo
The Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, United States
I'm a Catholic Christian, creative curly-haired, cat/hat lover who is awesomely random and randomly awesome. Read my wonderful writings, listen to my mystical music, enjoy my beautiful blog...

Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hi.  I'm back.  Sorry, I haven't been blogging lately.  There are five reasons for that, I assure you!

1. I was cleaning the house.
2. doing school
3. looking up awesome old video games for the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) and all video games featuring Mario (which it included a golf game in which the golfer looked like Mario)
4. brainstorming ideas for my book and for what I will do when Muppet comes to visit
5. going on Facebook normally for the first time in what feels months

Okay so maybe I've mostly been procrastinating.  But it's not procrastinating.  I was simply waiting for a good subject to blog about.

I have the hiccups.  Now there's a good subject (rolls eyes).  It's hard to type or eat or read or anything with the hiccups.  It's worse when you're coughing, sneezing and hiccuping at the same exact time.

So I was looking up old video games as I said above.  I don't see why school can't give you fun subjects to write reports and things on.  Like the history of video games.  Or the science behind making the perfect pasta.  I don't know, it just sounds funner than writing about the French Revolution or Carbon Dioxide.  Not that I've ever written a paper on Carbon Dioxide.  But it was just an example of something boring.

Oh!  Like I was saying...Um, what was I saying?  Oh, yes *ahem* video games...

UGH! My music!  I love this song!  But it's distracting me.  The Last Night of the World from Miss Saigon.  Not that I've actually have seen that musical.  I just like the song because it's on some CD my family got from Sam's.  Mozilla Fire Fox is weird.  It doesn't think Sam's is a word.  But when I typed Sunny's, it thought it was a word.

Ugh.  My mind.  Ah!  My brother has a Sonic Screwdriver for his birthday!  The Fourth Doctor, that is.  As in Tom Baker as in the best Doctor in the history of Doctor Who.  Oh, I'm sorry.  I don't know if you know who Doctor Who is.  He's a guy in a cool TV Show that's on Netflix.  So if you're on Netflix, try him out.  Just once.  For me.  Tom Baker is cool.  Trust me.  Even if the show is from the 60's.  Trust me.

VIDEO GAMES!!!! I CAN'T KEEP TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND!

So I learned a lot from this article about Donkey Kong the arcade game.  I learned that Mario was formerly known as Jumpman and Princess Peach was called Lady.  Then Jumpman became Mario.  And Princess Peach.  But Princess Peach took a long time to evolve into Princess Peach.  First she was Lady, then later changed to Pauline, then was just Princess, then Princess Toadstool, then Princess Peach.  And Mario has always been Mario ever since and Yoshi was Yoshi and Luigi was Luigi and Wario was Wario and so on and so fourth.

Then I looked up a whole bunch of Video Games that I realized that I've played before but didn't realize what they were.  So apparently I really do know video games from the 80's.  I realized I've also seen the original Donkey Kong video game before.  Granted, it didn't actually do much else besides eat tokens and frustrate me, but that's besides the point!  Wait.  What is the point?  Is it a pencil tip?  Isn't that the point?  Don't you know it's not polite to point?  Look ! <-- an exclamation point!  That's the point.

Anyways.  I'm reading this awesome amazing book called The Hiding Place.  It's really cool.  It's a true story about this person living in a watchmaker's shop during World War 2.  And she tries to hide innocent Jews in her home so that the Nazi's won't come and take them to those awful camps.  You learn a lot from reading.  I highly suggest that you read a good book.  Like The Hiding Place.

So this is a long post so I should stop here.

That's right!  Don't Panic!!! I'll be back tomorrow with more random happiness! :D

2 comments:

  1. heehee! Yay! I'm coming over!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? There's always something exciting going on here. I can't wait! Mario Kart Wii!!!

      Delete