About Me

My photo
The Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, United States
I'm a Catholic Christian, creative curly-haired, cat/hat lover who is awesomely random and randomly awesome. Read my wonderful writings, listen to my mystical music, enjoy my beautiful blog...

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Early Bird Gets a Haircut

Okay so the title of this post may be more amusing than what I've actually got to say.  So yeah, I woke up kinda early today but, oh my gosh, it feels like I slept way later than normally.  It's 7:30 in the morning and I usually get up around 7:00 so I guess I did sleep in a little.  For me.  But I can't sleep because every time I get comfortable my head buzzes with the same old stuff.  Or new stuff.  If you're me it's old because my brain has been doing this for two weeks.  It's like an early alarm or something.  My brain just says, "TIME TO GET UP!  You've got places to go and plays to perform so GET UP." So, as usual, I gave up trying to roll over and fall asleep.  It'll be better next week I think, especially because I won't have to wake up early with butterflies in my stomach.  Stupid butterflies.  They always attack on the day of a performance, whether it be something small or something HUGE.  But I can assure you as soon as my feet touch the stage and I'm sitting cross-legged in my spot on the set, it will magically melt away.

I assume you've probably guessed that today is the day of my performance, but I haven't been telling you about what happened before today.  Actually I don't think I've made a blog post all week.  I thought that a blog post would calm my nerves.  When I talk, I feel better.  I don't know why but it's just relief to say the things that are blotching my mind.

Mostly this week we blocked some things, played some games, went to the park, ran through the whole play several times, tech day, dress rehearsals and the assistant director finally went over my monologue with me and I apparently did very well.  Or at least that's what I think because he didn't correct me too much, but then again, we didn't have much time to do that sort of thing because we had to get costumes on and stuff for dress rehearsals.  But I feel really good about my monologue and now I feel like I'm ready to audition for things in the future.  Well not entirely because I only have the music from this year's performance to work with at the moment but we'll find something for my voice type eventually.  I like musicals, because I love singing.  I'm not always on tune when I start singing a new song but I get the hang of it eventually and then I really feel fabulous.  And then there are all the people who think I have beautiful voice (not just my mother, people).  But for me, it's not that I have a good voice, for me it's that I can use it well without hurting myself on higher notes like other people can and that I can sing loudly and softly and clearly.  For me I think it's more important that you're words are loud and clear than that you're voice is beautiful.  But also I think it's great if you can hit all those notes that no one else can.  But it's good to not be a showoff when singing, even if you can sing like Jean val Jean in Les Miserables.  Everyone can sing, they just need practice.  Really, anyone can do just about anything with some practice.  So don't make people feel less than you.  But on the other hand, don't put yourself down to make others look better.  Just do your best and don't overdue it.

Have you noticed that a lot of my titles only match up with the first sentence and then goes in an entirely different direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment