About Me

My photo
The Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, United States
I'm a Catholic Christian, creative curly-haired, cat/hat lover who is awesomely random and randomly awesome. Read my wonderful writings, listen to my mystical music, enjoy my beautiful blog...

Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's kinda been a while...

How long has it been since my last blog post?  A year?  Oh it was only a few days ago.  Lord, it feels like ages.  But I guess that's what happens when you go to Drama Camp for so much of your day and so much of your week.  I feel like I live there.  Except when I come home for dinner and go to bed.  Then I wake up and TA DA!  Drama again!  So things have been happening there.  Everyone knows who they are in the script and hopefully this weekend people are memorizing their lines.  I know my lines and I think I know when to say them.  And as for music, I left one of my sheets at Drama Camp on accident but it's the one I know already.  And for proof, I'll write the lyrics:

Now yer here, yes yer here like a perfumed smell, like a skunk living under the house.  And we've had enough of yer chirping spells yer a flower pickin' nature loven', song singin', lily white, (repeat from flower... but I'm not singing). *Repeat again this time I sing but instead of lily white say: sissified, dainty---do-gooder...

Yeah, so that's that.  They told us to go home and practice it faster but I was one of the people who already knew the speed of the song so I'm not worried about that.  Once while practicing, I lost the key starting note and I couldn't pick it up again during that part of the song.  I know the key, I just kind of slipped up and forgot.  It was embarrassing but I knew my singing luck couldn't last forever.  When I came home that night I was thinking about singing it but my voice was acting up from all of the coughing I was doing that day from phlegm.  But the next day I sang it without the music sheet and did well.  I just want the sheet so if I decide to do a real musical somewhere and audition I will have some sort of music I'm familiar with using.  Which, I think I've said this before, I can't read musical notes.  I explained to to Muppet as being like handing a Japanese person an American English dictionary and telling them to look up the word vocabulary.  Obviously they can't do that.  And obviously if you hand me a music sheet and tell me to look up musical note high C I wouldn't be able to find.  Now, continuing with my example, if you tell the person to say that word he looked up while you're pointing to it, he won't know how to say it.  Like me, I can't sing that note because I have no idea what it sounds like because I don't know what the note is.  But that person can look at the word and know it's a word.  I know that what you're pointing to is a musical note, I don't know how to pronounce it.  But if you tell the person how to say it (voe-cab-yu-lair-ee) he will know. He won't know what the definition of the word is but he can repeat it.  If you sing a high C, I don't know it's a high C but I can mimic the note you just sang.  I can sing, but I can't read music.  Get it now?

I never learned how to read music because I was much more interested in dance at the time I had the opportunity.  I'm not complaining.  I'm 100% just telling you why I'm not capable of reading music.  I think I'm good right now with just knowing how to sing.  I taught myself kind of.  I'll explain in another post.  The TV is distracting me from my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment